Bring international quality education to all those who want to obtain it, without time, physical or bureaucratic restrictions, in absolute collaboration with parents and/or guardians, enhancing the educational process through the integration of all relevant actors.
Deliver an education at home, 100% online, of international quality, under a technological model compatible with the needs and interests of current and future students, incorporating the latest advances in neurodidactics and neuropedagogy.
Via Talentum Academy is presented as an alternative of excellence to conventional education, seeking to be a contribution to the development of people, whatever their condition or location.
We offer a 100% online alternative, taking into account the current cultural and technological reality, as well as the new ways of learning of digital natives, the different learning styles of students and the different needs that lead to a student withdraw from the traditional education system.
The principles that define us are:
• We are an inclusive school that does not discriminate based on sex, race, religion, geographical location, behavior, learning style and for any reason that compromises the possibility of learning in a meaningful way, with a personalized pace.
• We are a school with a free curriculum, which includes the compulsory subjects that ensure the skills and abilities proposed by the Constitution of the United Nations Organization for Education, Science and Culture UNESCO; for primary and secondary education (ISCED, 2011, pp. 32-40)(1).
• We are a school that integrates the best educational technologies, which allows the best understanding of the subjects, in the shortest time possible and with the greatest amount of fun as a mean for a meaningful learning.
• We are a school that understands the natural way of learning and the differences in learning styles, which is why all our content is based on the Universal Learning Design (ULD) (2).
• We are a school that teaches how to discover the talent structure of each one of the
students, because we know that we all have a hallmark worth extolling and using.
• We train students comprehensively, respecting their individuality according to the principles of inclusion.
• We challenge, prepare and support students, so that they achieve the full development of their potential.
The curricular approach of Via Talentum Academy is based on the constructivist model. We understand that the acquisition of knowledge is a mental process of the individual that develops internally as he interacts dynamically with his environment. In this case, the main learning scenario is digital, in which the student accesses audiovisual, written and training information, interacting with teachers and peers in the construction of new knowledge.
The learning objectives in the curriculum of each subject consider abilities, skills and attitudes that stimulate the development of the personal potential of each student. Indeed, according to the constructivist model(3), our teaching-learning methodology follows the following principles:
1. Each content is based on the conceptual structure of each student and on the digital language that is most understandable, according to their natural way of learning. Through activities of assimilation and accommodation of new knowledge, the student who learns is not merely passive before the learning environment, since knowledge is emerging as a result of the internal activities of the learner, as a construction by interaction, which is produced and enriching each day as a result of the interaction of diverse matters.
2. We take care of training people with intellectual and moral autonomy, for this we promote the meaningful learning, comprehensive memorization, application of what has been learned and processes of individualization and socialization in the virtual environment.
3. We take care of motivating and teaching the student to think and act through significant and contextualized content. In this process, the student is responsible for their learning process.
4. We promote the active construction of new knowledge in a technological and digital context, that is why the methodologies consider the information available on the network, provide tools to know how to use said information critically, and are in dialogue with the current mode of learning of the digital native students.
5. The experience and implementation of the contents, through didactic strategies of gamification(4), promotes the student to understand in a friendly and fun setting, the scope and implications of each subject and extrapolate them to their daily life.
6. The pedagogical facilitator acts as a mediator between the knowledge and learning of their students, remaining available to resolve concerns and to determine the specific needs of their students. Likewise, it provides pedagogical help adjusted to the diversity of needs in which the students are involved.
1 CINE (2011). Clasificación Internacional Normalizada de la Educación. Instituto de Estadística de la Unesco. Montreal, Quebec. http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0022/002207/220782s.pdf
2 ULD: “It is a framework for improving and optimizing teaching and learning for all people based on scientific understanding of how humans learn.”. Centro de Tecnología Especial Aplicada (2018). http://www.cast.org/our-work/about-udl.html
3 Carretero, Mario (1999). Constructivismo y educación, Editorial Progreso, México.
4 Gamification: It is the use of games to improve the commitment and motivation of students. Strategies for learning include recognition of achievement through points, badges, leader boards, or progress bars. Vargas-Henríquez, J., Garcia-Mundo, L., Genero, M. y Piattini, M. (2015). Análisis de uso de la Gamificación en la Enseñanza de la Informática. Actas de las XXI Jornadas de enseñanza Universitaria de la Informática. 105-112.