If you are looking for reasons to choose Via Talentum Academy as a 100% online school for your kids, you should read these three axis:
- More time: School day is suggested to start from 9.00 AM until 2.00 PM, Monday to Friday
- More sleeping time: Students begin their lessons at a biologically suitable time to enhance their physical and mental health.
- More family time: School time should not hamper family life. Our learners spend more time with their parents.
- More freedom: Families can finally handle their own time
- More life quality: Daily routine is lighter, life gets better. Student and family life work in harmony. The learning process is entertaining and personalized. Student and parents’ satisfaction increases thanks to the intelligent use of technology.
- We are a private K12 school, registered in the state of California, CDS 37683386136691.
- It is important to highlight that VTA is not a charter or umbrella school. At the same time, we do not depend on third-party institutions to validate our students, which means autonomy on our part and
absolute control of the process.
- VTA is an international-and-free curriculum school.
- We not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, location, behavior, learning style or any other argument that jeopardizes the possibility of learning in a meaningful way.
- Via Talentum Academy academic project includes compulsory and complementary subjects. The former are: language, mathematics, science, history and geography and English. The latter are: programming language, chess, neuro-writing, introduction to calculus, artificial intelligence, Excel, leadership, entrepreneurship (subject to requirements as appropriate).
- We have a team of professionals and associated institutions that are in charge of all academic and administrative actions.
- VTA provides pedagogical care and ongoing support.
- Our teaching methodologies are based on the Universal Design for Learning (UDL), this means that barriers are eliminated in order to teach the student to “learn how to learn”. It is a flexible and customized model. This is the reason why we use different strategies that aim at understanding and learning.
- All subjects from 1st grade to the last year of middle school (secondary) include gamification criteria (video game incentive logic) and UDL in the structure of content and evaluations. Learning becomes a fun and ingenious activity.
- Students have the chance of learning a third language.
- Chess is a complementary subject at Via Talentum Academy which happens 100% online with a specialized interactive platform. The reason for this subject is that playing this game encourages the development of basic and transversal learning competences, such as calculation, reading
comprehension, strategy, logic, discipline, memory, concentration, discursive thinking, and others.
- The neuro-writing subject is a didactic innovation, based on the methodology called Escritura Inteligente ©, created by Chilean researcher Evelyn Aguilera Arce, who is also the director of Via
Talentum Academy. This approach encourages the development of 4 fundamental pillars of behavior: self-regulation, self-discipline, will and perseverance; as a whole, they are the base for the deployment of students’ talents.
- As regards evaluations, each unit of each subject will be evaluated and this will be considered an additional learning instance, thus eliminating the punitive logic of traditional grades.
- VTA provides two study modes: English and bilingual (English/Spanish).
- There is a library with current titles, the latest in their respective areas.